Upcoming annual meeting
Posted on: January 15, 2014 | Posted in: Updates
We have our annual meeting and pancake breakfast on February 8th, at 8:30am until noon. We will share some updates on the ECA, adopt our bylaw changes, vote on new board members, and present our 5 year master plan for Wilcox park.
If you are interested in applying for a position on our board of directors, please fill out the 2014 board nomination form and email it to Lindsey@eastown.org with a short bio of yourself. Members of the ECA will vote at the annual meeting. All Eastown residents and property owners are members of the ECA. Board members are elected for a two-year term.
Participation as a board member of the ECA is a chance to help shape the growth and future of the Eastown neighborhood. The ECA aims to maintain a high level of diversity on its board, which is measured in several different ways, including professional expertise, cultural background, personal experience, and broader connectivity within West Michigan.
In addition to assisting in the growth and future of the neighborhood, Board Members commit to the following:
- Attending monthly board meetings
- Actively participating in at least one ECA Committee
- Serving as a Block Captain and actively work to build the ECA’s Block Captain network
- Attending and participating in ECA events
- Actively participating in the ongoing fundraising efforts of the organization
- Serving a minimum two year term