Public Relations Intern needed for the Fall Semester
Posted on: July 13, 2015 | Posted in: News
Position Title: Public Relations Intern (unpaid) 10-15 hours a week
Established in 1973, the Eastown Community Association (ECA) is a non-profit organization governed by an elected Board of Directors. The ECA is committed to fostering a safe, diverse, and walkable Eastown neighborhood by creating opportunities for neighbors and friends to engage and connect. Among other programs, the ECA accomplishes this mission by:
- Sponsoring neighborhood cleanups,
- Establishing block clubs and encouraging proactive neighboring,
- Maintaining a community garden and planning for more green spaces,
- Working in partnership with local businesses,
- Helping residents find support services,
- Celebrating community with monthly events,
- Working to enhance public safety.
These projects represent the many on-going and visionary ways that the Eastown Community Association works in Eastown to foster a healthy and sustainable community.
This internship position largely entails maintaining and increasing the ECA’s social media strategy and submitting promotion materials to media outlets and local businesses. Responsibilities include not only the execution, but also being a vital part of the strategy. Self-initiated projects are also encouraged so long as they receive the approval of the Executive Director.
General Description of responsibilities:
- Monitor and engage on various social media platforms
- Create and maintain event calendar on the ECA website
- Aggregate and/or create article and video content
- Communicate exciting social media news (internal and external)
- Distribute content to various content websites
- Attend Eastown events and update social media sites with images and quick updates from the events
- Stop by Eastown businesses to take pics and posts to social media sites
- Schedule interviews with subject matter experts to generate new and interesting content
- Put together weekly e-news
- Deliver important information to Eastown businesses
• Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIN
• Attention to detail a must
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday
• Motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong computer competency; proficiency in Word and Exce
l• Organizational and general office skills
To apply: email cover letter, resume, and list of references to contact above.
Internship is designed for fall semester, August through December, but timeline is negotiable.
Contact Person: Lindsey Ruffin, Executive Director