Become a member of the ECA Board of Directors
Thanks for considering joining the Eastown Community Association’s Board of Directors. We are a group of individuals who are passionate about our neighborhood and helping people and places thrive here.The ECA’s mission is to foster a safe, diverse, and walkable Eastown neighborhood by creating opportunities for neighbors and friends to engage and connect.
Who Can Apply for Board Service?
Anyone who lives, works, or owns property in Eastown (18 and older) are welcome to apply. The ECA Board of Directors is made up of new-comers and people who grew up here, both owners and renters. Elections are held every February at Eastown’s annual meeting.
Applying to Join the Board
- Submit a completed application by Saturday, February 2, 2019. To download an application: CLICK HERE and conflict of interest form: CLICK HERE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receiving your application, a member of the board’s executive committee will reach out to you to schedule an interview. This is an informal face-to-face, or phone interview, and an opportunity for you to learn more about the ECA and the requirements of board service.
- Observe an ECA board meeting, if you haven’t already. Sessions are the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. at 415 Ethel SE.
- Attend the annual meeting on Sat., Feb. 9, 2019 where community members vote for board members. Board candidate bios will be posted publicly online prior to the annual meeting.
Requirements During Your Term
- Complete a two-year term, beginning in February of your election year
- Attend monthly evening meetings (starting Feb, 11, 2019)
- Meetings are currently held the second Monday of the month from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the ECA office at 415 Ethel SE.
- Participate in regular email conversation and voting between in-person meetings
- Serve on an ECA committee, such as Community Events, Access, Real Estate Development, etc.
- Secure a block captain for your block (if someone is not already serving)
- Volunteer at ECA events year-round, such as the annual meeting, Bizarre Bazaar, Streetfair, etc.
- Actively work within your Eastown circle to increase the understanding and awareness about the ECA’s efforts and neighborhood updates
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by signing year-end appeals, reaching out to businesses for event sponsorships, etc.
Interested in learning more?
We’d love to speak with you! Download an application (see #1) to get started. You’re always welcome to contact Shannon Cunningham, ECA board president (email@example.com) or David Jirousek, ECA board vice president (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.